The Safe Sleeping Village (SSV) at 730 Stanyan aka CAMP (Community Action Made for People) is seeking full-time door greeters for day, swing and night shifts. These are temporary positions that will last the duration of the Shelter in Place order in San Francisco due to COVID-19, anticipated to be between 2-6 months, subject to change.
Homeless Youth Alliance is seeking individuals who will prioritize treating residents of CAMP with dignity and respect to maintain the safety guidelines of the space. Greeters will be responsible for greeting CAMP residents as they come and go from the space, including checking them in and out and ensuring that only CAMP residents enter the space.
People with experience in non-confrontational de-escalation and knowledge of whole-person care models of service delivery are strongly encouraged to apply. It is essential that CAMP Greeters maintain HYA’s ethics of non-judgment, respect and honoring the autonomy and self-reliance of all residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Greet residents at the door of CAMP, answer questions and direct residents to CAMP Counselors for services if requested or
• Check residents in and out as they come and go from the space
• Ensure that only residents of CAMP enter the space, are greeted with respect, and that non-residents of CAMP are also
engaged with respect and patience.
• Ensure and maintain cleanliness of all entrances and exits and overall site
• Attend team meetings as required.
• Maintain good self-care.
• Maintain confidentiality, appropriate boundaries and a sense of humor.
• Personal experience with homelessness or extensive knowledge of issues facing people experiencing homelessness.
• Conflict resolution and non-confrontational de-escalation skills.
• Knowledge of or experience with person-centered care models.
• Must be streetwise and be able to solve practical problems.
• Must have excellent communication and listening skills.
• Must maintain strong confidentiality and appropriate boundaries.
• Must be sensitive to multicultural issues of race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression and sexuality.
• Must be able to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
Must be able to stand for a minimum of 2 hours at a time. Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs. Must be able to be outdoors for up to 8 hours, even in inclement weather. Must be comfortable with animals, including dogs and cats.
3 shifts: day/swing/night
Pay is $20-22/hour depending on experience and budget approval
Homeless Youth Alliance is an equal opportunity employer
Instructions for applying:
We are accepting completed applications (resume w/ 3 references, answers to the below questions). We are hiring NOW so please do not wait to apply.
You must be available to come to our office for an interview. Please respond to the following 6 questions (applicants whom do not respond to the question will not be considered):
1) What interests you in working for Homeless Youth Alliance and specifically for the CAMP Project?
2) Do you have a personal connection to our mission?
3) What qualities do you see as important to work with people experiencing homelessness?
4) What are your feelings about drugs and alcohol and working with active often chaotic users?
5) What types or groups of people do you work best with? What types or groups of people present you with the biggest challenge?
6) What skills do you have that help you handle or mediate conflict?
Return application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “CAMP Greeter” in the subject line. HYA will only be responding to
completed applications submitted via email. Do not call us please.