The 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is a community-based agency providing youth in the Bayview Hunters Point with medical and behavioral health services that encourage them to make decisions that support their health, safety and development. The TAY Housing Navigator- Case Manager will provide comprehensive case management to TAY youth placed into housing via San Francisco’s Rising Up initiative.
IMPORTANT POSITION DETAILS & COMPENSATION
This is a 40 hrs FTE exempt position. The 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is fiscally sponsored by Larkin Street Youth Services. As such, you will be an employee of Larkin Street Youth Services. The salary maximum is $60,000, DOE, with a competitive benefits package.
- Individual case management & oversight to TAY referred from the Coordinated Entry
- System, including twice monthly home visits.
- Resource brokerage and referral as needed
- Case coordination and advocacy within agency and with other CBO’s
- Data collection and case notes entered into all appropriate databases.
- Support Rapid Rehousing Coordinator in all aspects of HomePoint (3rd Street’s Rapid
- Rehousing program)
- Designing individual support & transition plan with youth including independent living skills
- and income stability.
- Attend community, city, & regional housing meetings
- Support for staff & youth in 3rd Street programming as needed
- Upbeat attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance
- Flexibility with a team player mentality
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision
- An extreme focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication
- Ability to multi-task with the capacity to learn quickly and integrate efficiently
- Ability to connect with our youth
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with
- agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to
- bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual
- and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities
- carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in
- which we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional
- training and experience.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multicultural environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
- Experience in using the ONE System preferred
- Spanish speaking candidates are encouraged to apply
- Bachelors in related field OR equivalent work
- 2-3 years of experience working with high-risk and homeless youth.
- Ability to notice symptoms of use and abuse, recovery and treatment philosophies.
- Ability to provide substance abuse counseling.
- Working knowledge of issues facing youth.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent follow-through skills.
- Valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record required. Must also have daily
- access to a car.
- Must also have the ability to work with homeless youth and with diverse staff, clients,
- and volunteers.
- Experience with US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) programs a
The 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis.