Job Title: Caseworker – Money Management
Program: Money Management
Reports to: Program Manager – Money Management Services
Job Type: Full Time with benefits 37.5 hour work week.
AGENCY OVERVIEW: Lutheran Social Services of Northern California is a Non-Profit agency providing services in supportive housing and money management. Lutheran Social Services responds when people are vulnerable because of homelessness, mental illness, drug addiction or disaster. Providing support services and compassionate guidance, we help individuals and families to stabilize their lives and become self-sufficient.
MISSION STATEMENT: To promote stability and honor the dignity of those we serve by providing supportive housing services that lead to self-sufficiency.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Provide money management services for chronically homeless adults with special needs who are living in supportive housing.
- Maintain a strength-based perspective.
- Provide services to a diverse population.
- Treat others with respect and courtesy, striving for open and honest working relationships.
- Maintain high ethical standards when dealing with others.
- Demonstrate good judgment and common sense.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with other providers of human services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, budgets and financial transaction records
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to collaborate on reporting to funding sources
- Ability to effectively present information to clients and/or their representatives
- Willingness to travel to locations outside of San Francisco for staff meetings and trainings
- Ability to work closely with other staff members as a team-player
- Experience working with chronically homeless adults with special needs, which include mental - health diagnoses, substance use, and/or HIV.
- Knowledge of resources for chronically homeless adults with special needs.
- Knowledge of income benefits: RSDI, SSI, VA, and CAAP.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude or limit the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for this classification.
- Schedule and complete intakes.
- Construct and implement client’s budget; adapt budget with client as needed.
- Process check runs for rent payments, utilities and other expenses. Distribute client funds, monthly, weekly or sometimes daily.
- Planning, referrals, crisis intervention, and other reasonable services requested by the client.
- Provide money management education to clients.
- Keep clients' Financial Management records current and complete.
- Maintain other record keeping as designated by the Program Manager.
- Understand and consistently implement the policies and procedures of program, income sources, and LSS.
- Monitor client compliance with the policies and procedures of program, income sources, and LSS.
- Fulfill contract objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the housing sites’ property management and support services on behalf of the client.
- Engage in professional development / training.
- Understand and follow LSS personnel policies and procedures.
- Perform other temporary duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lutheran Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.