LSS of Northern California's mission is to promote stability and honor the dignity of those we serve by providing supportive housing services that lead to self-sufficiency. LSS envisions that our communities have hope,stability, and a path to self-sufficiency.
We provide case management and support services in five permanent supportive housing sites in San Francisco, as well as to individuals in additional supportive housing sites in Contra Costa, Sacramento and San Joaquin counties. We also provide Representative Payee/Money Management services to over 2,000 individuals in San Francisco.
The Program Associate is the first person to meet the general public and clients when they come into contact with Lutheran Social Services of Northern California. The impression created by this position is very important; it strongly influences how people feel about the agency. This position requires a person who is able to work with a large number of people and manage multiple tasks at the same time.This is an excellent opportunity for an introduction into social services.
* Maintain a strength-based perspective.
* Provide diverse services to diverse people.
* Treat others with respect and courtesy, striving for open and honest working relationships.
* Maintain high ethical standards when dealing with others.
* Demonstrate good judgment and common sense.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable and legal accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Ability to work sensitively with homeless adults who have disabilities related to mental health, substance use, and physical health, including HIV.
* Knowledge and experience working in a human service delivery environment with the ability to relate to diverse agencies.
* Basic computer skills required: Windows, Microsoft Office, and Internet.
* Ability to maintain composure and professional behavior in stressful situations.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries and/or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, and members of the community.
* Ability to clearly communicate services, operations, and office policies and procedures while listening effectively to client requests.
* Demonstrated history of being prompt, reliable, and consistent in performing duties.
* Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
* Maintain proper boundaries with clients.
* Ability to work independently with general supervision.
* Must be a self-starter and be able to demonstrate initiative.
* Willingness to travel to locations outside of San Francisco for staff meetings and outside trainings in order to enhance job performance.
* Bilingual is a plus.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude or limit the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for this classification.
* Greet clients and others who come into the office; determine reason for visit.
* Supervise clients waiting in lobby area.
* Understand and apply both office and programs’ policies and procedures.
* Provide information and referrals for clients as appropriate.
* Maintain the lobby area in a clean and orderly manner
* Monitor sidewalk area around building perimeter and keep clean.
* Notify staff person of client’s presence.
* Organize and manage lobby counters.
* Track client visits and incoming mail.
* Distribute clients’ mail to Caseworkers.
* Maintain safety protocol.
* Act as liaison with security personnel on Check Days.
* Attend trainings.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The physical demands as described here are representative oft hose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to hold objects, read and write. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
Relocation Reimbursement is not available for this position.
Lutheran Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
People with diverse personal experiences are urged to apply, especially people of color, bi-lingual, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, women, and people living with HIV/AIDS.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If an offer is extended, qualified candidates must provide proof of eligibility to reside and work within the United States without sponsorship.
To apply for the position, complete an Employment Application AND attach your COVER LETTER and RESUME.
No phone calls please.