PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The SIP Engagement Specialist (ES) is responsible to carry out assigned tasks to support and monitor Guests at the SIP Hotel (Site One). These tasks are essential to keeping the Guests safe during the mandatory SIP order due to the Coronavirus pandemic. All Guests have an underlying physical or medical condition that places them at greater risk of severe illness if they contract COVID-19. Site One accommodates 60+ guests at any given time to include both single and couple rooms. Guests at Site One can be up to 30 years old.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide basic intake and orientation to all new guests on a daily basis, including but not limited to reviewing Participant Agreements, harm reduction resources, and emergency procedures.
- Monitor Guests, staff, and third party authorized visitors entering and exiting Site One.
- Ensure that all Guests sign out when leaving the building and sign back in when they return.
- Conduct required temperature and symptom screenings in accordance with most current policy; and to conduct this task using required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as this task requires the SIP-ES to decrease physical distancing to accomplish the task.
- Conduct Guest Wellness Checks in accordance with current policy and frequency. Document Wellness Checks in accordance with procedure and ensure that Program Manager or Consultant are informed of any concerns immediately.
- Wellness Checks may require SIP-ES to enter Guest Rooms to ensure the Guest is safe. This will require SIP-ES to use full PPE (gowns and/or hazmat suits included) to complete this task.
- Provide on-site support through meal delivery, provision of supplies and other necessities.
- Ensure that participants are following guidelines for occupancy including occupancy limits, curfews and other policies
- Conduct Guest room inspections in accordance with current policy and protocols. This will require SIP-ES to use full PPE (sneeze guards, gowns and/or hazmat suits included) to complete this task. Document finding of room inspections and report any unsafe findings immediately.
- Conduct Guest-requested Wellness Checks for the purpose of ensuring the Guest remains safe when using substances in their rooms.
- Complete inventory of office supplies, other program supplies, PPE, and Guest supplies as assigned.
- Supports with collection and distribution of linens per schedule.
- Act as a liaison for Guests to connect them to Care Coordinator for services including problem-solving, housing assessment, medical care, substance use recovery, and employment/education services.
- Provide ongoing services to all guests as detailed on their service plans.
- Interact with guests and staff in a strengths-based, trauma-informed manner at all times.
- Complete all required documentation including Shift Notes, Guest Notes, RTZ and ETO Touchpoints.
- Must adhere to all guidelines and directives from HSH, HSA, and COVID Command Center
- Greet and support third party providers (Harm Reduction services, behavioral health, medical providers, and In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) providers) in connecting with Guests they are on site to see/support.
- Work in conjunction with the other members of staff to ensure the core job functions are completed safely.
- Complete sanitizing duties to high touch surfaces in accordance with established procedure.
- Report any facility issues immediately to Program Manager or On Call Manager.
- Safety awareness of situations and spaces, including regular walk throughs of the facility.
- Attend all required staff meetings. Attend trainings as assigned.
- Must be comfortable with working with medically vulnerable youth ages 18-30 years old.
- Must be comfortable being around or near dogs and/or other service animals.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strict adherence to use of required PPE when working at Site One including wearing a Fitted N-95 face mask (required by City and County of San Francisco COVID Command Center)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs to all six floors in the Hotel when the Lift (elevator) is out of service.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- High School diploma or GED.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-3 years of experience working with high-risk youth in a shelter and/or transitional or supportive housing program(s) preferred.
- Experience working with adults up to age 30 who have experienced homelessness for prolonged periods of time and have difficulties remaining housed.
- Ability to notice symptoms of substance use and abuse, and work within a Harm Reduction model
- Working knowledge of issues facing homeless youth who are actively using substances.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent follow-through skills.
- Must also have ability to work with high-risk youth and with diverse staff, clients, and volunteers.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
- Base rate of $24.00 per hour
FURTHER POSITION INFORMATION:
- Fixed term employment- ends 6/30/2021.
- This position does not qualify for annual pay increases
- This position does not qualify employees to trigger bumping rights or lay off rights per the CBA, given that it is a fixed term contract
- There will be no severance payment given to employees once this fixed term contract expires
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer