About This Position:
The Janitor is responsible for the janitorial and housekeeping duties in one or more single room occupancy (SRO) hotels. This position ensures the cleanliness, habitability, and upkeep of assigned building(s).
- Sweeping, vacuuming and mopping of buildings
- Removing trash frequently including, composting, and recycling
- Cleaning and stocking communal bathrooms
- Dusting and cleaning all common areas
- Removing small and large debris and assisting with "turnovers" of vacated units
- Assisting with pest control measures
- Painting, buffing, stripping and waxing
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in janitorial work strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of janitorial practices and procedures, including sanitation.
- Experience working effectively with diverse, low-income, homeless and/or formerly homeless population strongly preferred.
This is an full-time (40 hours/week) position Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
* This is not a full list of the duties and requirements.