Catholic Charities SF, the not-for-profit service arm of the Archdiocese of San Francisco, is one of the Bay Area's largest human services organizations. Catholic Charities SF provides programs and services for 70,000 people in need within the three county regions of San Francisco, Marin and San Mateo Counties. Catholic Charities SF's programs include a full spectrum of services for families and youth, single parents, aging adults, persons living with HIV, refugees and immigrants, homeless and those at risk of being homeless, individuals with physical disabilities, and incarcerated adults and youth. In conjunction with Mercy/Charities Housing Inc., Catholic Charities SF is also a recognized leader in a not-for-profit housing development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, telephone calls, filing and general administrative support.
- Order office and program supplies, including but not limited to postage stamps, water, etc.
- Point of first contact for clients, visitors, team members, staff and/or 3rd party vendors. Acts as liaison with janitors and maintenance crews.
- Maintains lobby. Storage room, meeting rooms and community bulletin boards.
- Database entry record keeping system for statistical demographic data in computer., (CODI)
- Conducts quarterly audits of Family Files. Checks for required documentation and updates family emergency forms, medical forms, and full re-certification process for families.
- Effectively and accurately tracks enrollment, attendance and absences on a monthly and cumulative basis and produce reports as directed.
- Creates updates and distributes monthly forms to teachers which include attendance records, sign in/out sheets and menus.
- Works cooperatively with other staff members, accepts supervision, and helps promote a positive and harmonious communication in all aspects of center operation.
- Assist and participate with other staff in maintaining a healthy workplace environment, maintain clean and safe common areas, as well as requesting office repairs, (coordination with 3rd party vendors).
- Maintain administrative systems to expedite functioning of the program, tracking and coding of program expenditures.
- Keeps master calendar of center events; schedules site tours and visits.
- Communicates positively and actively develops ongoing interaction with parents.
- Acts as a liaison with Catholic Charities SF main office.
- Maintains copier and other equipment and keep a manual of all equipment, warranties, registrations and maintenance records.
- Participate in and help facilitate center-wide special events and workshops.
- Provide staff support when Program Manager and Lead Teachers are not present and supervise children so classroom staff can participate in meetings and breaks.
- Assist with coordination and planning program activities with Program Manager.
- Participates in on-site and off-site learning opportunities in accordance with a professional development plan including but not limited to PFA, CDE, SF3C, etc.
- Seeks information relevant to position needs. This includes but is not limited to trainings from PFA, CDE, SF3C, etc.
- Facilitate staff time off requests by securing substitutes and maintain time off schedule.
- Collects substitute and volunteer time sheets and coordinates with payroll on a timely basis.
- Maintains and updates accurate children’s files in accordance with Community Care Licensing, Child and Adult Care Food Program and California Department of Education.
- Assist in Center shopping errands, (classroom groceries, staff meeting snacks, gecko supplies, etc).
- Presents a positive view of the Center /Organization to the community.
- Understands the curriculum approach of Treasure Island Child Development Center and can communicate that approach to families seeking childcare.
- Assists Program Director and develops fliers, newsletters, calendars, notices, and written communication to parents; has them translated when needed.
- Assists Program Director with translation and interpretation as needed, when possible.
- Acknowledges and celebrates the variety and differences in families and has an approach to families that actively enhances that awareness.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- AA degree in Office Skills or Administration preferred, or 3 years demonstrated experience in office administration or clerical position or any combination thereof, High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Computer skills required
- Experience with CDE data base work preferred.
- Valid Ca Drivers license
- 12 Units of course work in Child Development highly desirable
- Bilingual in Chinese and/or Spanish preferred
- Ability to perform physical activity (carry/lift boxes, bulk items, etc)
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills to children and parents of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
- Customer oriented
- Achievement oriented
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independent on assigned projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible; able to manage several projects at one time and complete accurate reports within deadlines
- De-escalation skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Self motivated
- Good sense of humor
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Intermittent bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, twisting, and walking.
- Intermittent lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive reading.
- Driving is required for this position.
If driving a car is required for the position, incumbent must have a valid California driver's license and be able to provide proof of DMV record and personal insurance (if required).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level is moderate
- The work environment will include children ages 3 months to 5 years.
- The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.CATHOLIC CHARITIES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Department or Program: Treasure Island Child Development Center
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Union status: Union
Fingerprinting clearance: Required
TB Screening: Required
First Aid Certificate: No First Aid required