The United Council of Human Services is committed to feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and helping homeless and low-income individuals and their families raise their standard of living through self- help. The Agency's mission is to reduce hunger and poverty through self- help, one life at a time.
United Council of Human Services, through its operation of Hope House, Bayview Hope Resource Center, Mother Brown's Dining Room, and Bayview Hunters Point Multi-Service Drop-In Center, provides a vast array of services to homeless and low-income families.
The United Council of Human Services (UCHS) is a community-based Homeless Program based in San Francisco’s Bayview/Hunters Point community.
- Responsible for monitoring the food line for congregate meals that are served outside.
- Ensure all people in line have washed their hands.
- Responsible for ensuring people are in line according to the COVID-19 mandate and physical distancing guidelines (6 feet apart). Must be able to maintain order on the line.
- Assist with passing out food
- Assist with preparing meals for delivering to our seniors and people with disabilities that are homebound.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provides services in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Time Management Skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Successfully pass the Background Check
- High School Diploma and/or GED
- Stand Frequently
- Walk Frequently
- Sit Occasionally
- Reach Outward Occasionally
- Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
- Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
- Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 25 lbs.
- Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 25 lbs.
- See Constantly
- This is a part-time role. There are two shifts: 6:30-10:00 am and 4:30-7:00 pm.
- This position reports to Dining Room Supervisor
- Pay Scale: $15.00 hour