POSITION: Disaster Response Program Temporary Support
WORKUNIT: Dining Room
HOURS: 40 hours per week; non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager Guest Engagement
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Manager Guest Engagement, the Disaster Response Program Support staff will assist in the producing, packaging, and distributing of to go meals for guests of the Dining Room, processing and distribution of Free Clothing. Staff must demonstrate in their performance adherence to established policies.
- Package and distribute meals for guests.
- Work with kitchen team to place food in containers as needed.
- Deals with any emergency situations involving, paramedics, fire department, etc. as needed.
- Assist Free Clothing Program with the processing, preparation, and distribution of clothing and hygiene products to people in need, as needed.
- Assist Free Clothing Program with the receiving of donations, including riding along for periodic pick-ups in a St. Anthony’s vehicle, as needed.
- Assists and works with all the members of the Dining Room and Client Safety Services (CSS) in responding to the responsibilities and needs of the work unit.
- Participates and responds in emergency and crisis situations, including emergency evacuation of the Dining Room, disaster services and power outages.
- Participates in emergency and disaster preparedness trainings and drills and CPR training.
- Coordinates with the organization and effective quality of service delivery to Dining Room clients, and Farmers Market participants.
- Supports the volunteers’ program as needed.
- Attends staff meetings, morning huddle ups, and training as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager of Guest Engagement or the Dining Room Management Team.
- Excellent skills working with homeless, low-income, and mentally disabled persons.
- Ability to successfully work with a diverse client population.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, oral communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, and exhibit flexibility in work assignments.
- Excellent work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, and team oriented.
- Ability to be polite, tactful, and firm with the public.
- Ability to set limits and to handle emergency and pressure situations.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (weekend and holiday work required).
- Good organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Ability stand for a 6-hour shift and be able to lift 30lbs
- Commitment to St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values and a desire to work for a social service agency serving the poor.