Catholic Charities SF, the not-for-profit service arm of the Archdiocese of San Francisco, is one of the Bay Area's largest human services organizations. Catholic Charities SF provides programs and services for 70,000 people in need within the three county regions of San Francisco, Marin and San Mateo Counties. Catholic Charities SF's programs include a full spectrum of services for families and youth, single parents, aging adults, persons living with HIV, refugees and immigrants, homeless and those at risk of being homeless, individuals with physical disabilities, and incarcerated adults and youth. In conjunction with Mercy/Charities Housing Inc., Catholic Charities SF is also a recognized leader in a not-for-profit housing development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Place the A-Frame Sign/Sandwich Board outside of the building every day
- Create a welcoming environment for clients and visitors
- Maintain visitor's list
- Maintain reception and waiting area appearance, stock publications as needed
- Provide information and referral support for clients
- Direct clients to proper intake rooms and departments to receive service
- Maintain external phone messaging protocols and follow proper phone procedures
- Field incoming phone calls, check main voicemail, maintain call logs, take messages and route to appropriate recipients by calling first and informing of the caller’s intent
- Provide professional and courteous manner and an ability to work harmoniously with other employees, clients and the general public
- Inventory, order and stock office, building facility and kitchen supply as necessary
- Prepares, submits, and reconciles supply purchase orders
- Monitor Office, Building Facility, and Kitchen’s Supply Expense Budget among programs
- Provide administrative support to any Program Housed on site including data entry
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries
- Develop and maintain program calendar
- Develop and maintain employee tracking for trainings; office keys; driver’s licenses, and other employee information
- Data entry on CC Data base
- Data entry on City Data base
- Assist with Spanish translations as needed
- Follow agency personnel and safety procedures
- Regular attendance and punctuality is a requirement of this position
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Experience in handling reception and high-volume clientele.
- Education in trauma, domestic violence, substance abuse, and mental health issues.
- A clear understanding of and the ability to demonstrate professional ethics, boundaries, and judgment.
- Integrity to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Initiative, flexibility, and the capacity to respond effectively in all situations with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of available resources in the City and County of San Francisco.
- Fluent in speaking, writing and reading English and Spanish.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required;
- Excellent organizational abilities;
- Professional appearance and positive demeanor;
- Ability to work efficiently, independently, support multiple departments/people and multi-task;
- Actively looking for ways to help people;
- Desire to follow through on various projects with a certain level of autonomy, particularly in finding solutions and resolving ongoing projects in various departments;
- Maintaining professionalism and compassion at all times, especially with clients who suffer from past and current trauma.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, twisting, and walking.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive reading.
- Driving is not required for this position.
If driving a car is required for a specified project, incumbent must have a valid California driver's license and be able to provide proof of DMV record and personal insurance (if required.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally exposed to perfume or scents in personal care products used by employees and visitors.
- Noise level is usually moderate in accordance with a typical office environment.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Department or Program: Access Point - Mission
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Union status: Union
Fingerprinting clearance: Required
TB Screening: Not required
First Aid Certificate: No First Aid required