Location: A Woman’s Place Drop-In Center, 1049 Howard St
Hours: On-Call, Swing and Graveyard Shifts, 4PM-12AM and 12AM-8AM
Reports To: A Woman’s Place Drop-In Center Site Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Union
The Peer Counselor is responsible for providing program services directly to the clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assess immediate needs of clients and refer to appropriate services.
- Provide supportive counseling.
- Monitor clients and facility.
- De-escalate and mediate conflicts as needed.
- Be responsible for shift paperwork as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Training and meeting attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Counseling experience
- Completion of a Peer Counseling training program
- Lived Experience with key issues affecting target population
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Knowledge of associated resources.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- Knowledge of key issues affecting target population, including but not limited to: trauma, substance use, mental health, intimate partner violence, physical health, HIV/AIDS, and homelessness.
- CPR and first aid certification within 90 days of hire.